Zinc Lozenges with Rosehips; peppermint flavoured. In the gluconate form, zinc is released quickly and coats the lining of the throat. Zinc is also useful for supporting immune system function, cell division and fertility.
- Zinc gluconate (also called zincum gluconicum) is the zinc salt of gluconic acid. It is an ionic compound consisting of two moles of gluconate for each mole of zinc. Zinc gluconate is a popular form for the delivery of zinc as a dietary supplement. Directions
- Immune Support
- Vegetarian & Vegan
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
|Typical values per lozenge:-Amount %RDA*:Zinc||3.5mg 23%|
|Powdered Rosehips||25mg **Energy, Protein, Fat,|
Up to 4 lozenges per day, sucked slowly to coat the membranes of the mouth.
Sucrose, dextrose, Monohydrate, bulking agent (Microcrystalline, Cellulose), Zinc Gluconate, Rosehip powder, anti-caking agents; stearic acid*, magnesium stearate*, silicon dioxide; peppermint oil.*vegetable source.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the stated dose
COVID - 19
Interesting email in March which flashed around social media by Dr James Robb, MD FACP one of the first molecular virologists in the world to work on corona viruses (in the 1970s)
“What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (corona virus) pandemic”
: Dr James Robb, MD FACP
James Robb, MD FACP a former professor of pathology at the University of California San Diego and one of the first molecular virologists in the world to work on corona viruses in the 1970’s.
Dr Robb was the first to demonstrate the number of genes the virus contained. Since this time, he has kept up with the corona virus field and its multiple clinical transfers into the human population from different animal sources, such as MERS and SARS.
Dr. Robb hopes but does not believe the virus will be contained, he states, “Humans have never seen this virus before and have no internal defence against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus.”
Dr Robb related that while the unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved, there will be likely be no drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. The doctor claims only symptomatic support is available.
Dr. Robb recommended the following precautions based on his work to his friends and colleagues in an email. This has been picked up and shared on social media across the world.
What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic
James Robb, MD FACP
From: James Robb, MD UC San Diego
March 3, 2020
as some of you may recall, when I was a professor of pathology at the University of California San Diego, I was one of the first molecular virologists in the world to work on coronaviruses (the 1970s). I was the first to demonstrate the number of genes the virus contained. Since then, I have kept up with the coronavirus field and its multiple clinical transfers into the human population (e.g., SARS, MERS), from different animal sources.
The current projections for its expansion in the US are only probable, due to continued insufficient worldwide data, but it is most likely to be widespread in the US by mid to late March and April.
Here is what I have done and the precautions that I take and will take. These are the same precautions I currently use during our influenza seasons, except for the mask and gloves.:
1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:
1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.
Note: This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average - everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon. This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs) The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.
2) Stock up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.
3) Stock up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.
4) Stock up now with zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY “cold-like” symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.
I, as many others do, hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, BUT I personally do not think it will be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.
I hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email. Good luck to all of us!
Thank you to Dr Robb for sharing these tips during these uncertain times!
Stay Safe everyone and do practise the government Social distancing with only essential journeys!